Legal Aid Applications
In certain circumstances, you may be able to obtain a Legal Aid grant to assist you in relation to family law, property, parenting and care and protection matters. We have extensive experience in legal aid matters.
Our lawyers have undergone extensive training to become Legal Aid Panel Solicitors. Joplin Lawyers can assist you with the Legal Aid application process to obtain funding from Legal Aid and be appointed as your Legal Aid lawyer. You simply need to contact our office and our staff will guide you through the Legal Aid process.
Legal Aid is not available to everyone and every application for a grant of Legal Aid, must be able to pass the following tests being:
1. Jurisdiction – This looks at what type of matter you need assistance with. Our Legal Aid lawyers at Joplin Lawyers can assist in relation to Family Law and Care and Protection matters.
2. Means Test – This looks at your income and assets and liabilities to see whether you are entitled to receive Legal Aid. The Legal Aid Commission website has a test to see if you qualify.
3. Merit Test – This looks at whether your matter is reasonable to receive a grant of aid and whether there is reasonable prospects.
Legal Aid Application Form
The Legal Aid application form can be collected from our office or from https://www.legalaid.nsw.gov.au/get-legal-help/applying-for-legal-aid. You will need to supply the following:
1. Last 3 Centrelink statements.
2. Last 3 months of bank statements.
3. Any Court documents (if your matter has commenced proceedings).
4. Copy of your Centrelink card and 100 points of identification.